Saturday, December 6, 2008

We're "LIVERY", We Don't Have To Pay Overtime!!!

This is the latest claim by one livery company in Massachusetts. Since they are LIVERY, they think they can put you in a car for 12 to 15 hours a day and only pay you for the jobs you do. So if you do 3 runs in a 12-hour period, you might make 90 dollars. Little do they realize, if you are in one of their cars, you are working!! This means they must pay you at least an hourly wage per hour.

And by the way? Some of you don't have DOT registration numbers displayed on the outside of your vehicles. You do realize that's a violation of the DOT, don't you? You want to fall under the overtime rules of the DOT, but you don't want to spend the time or money following the guidelines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been in this business a long time and this has always been on my radar screen. I just started a blog as well and I will include my bog link in this post.

I have never felt chauffeurs have been paid fairly or properly and felt it is shameful how owners pay. I am considering starting a grassroots effort to persue this injustice.

Fight the good fight!

http://limowire.blogspot.com/