Friday, February 13, 2009

The Case Of The Phony 1099

Well, imagine my surprise when I received a 1099 today for 2008. Yes it arrived 13 days after the IRS cut-off date for receipt of a 1099. 1099 must be sent to the Independent Contractor no later than January 31, 2009 for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2008.

What do they care? It's not like they're legal or ethical, for God's sake.

What was even more shocking than receiving this official document past the date I should have received it was the fact that they actually gave me a business name.

My name and then NC Professional Services. NC Professional Services? Who the HELL is that? I don't own a business. I am not incorporated. I don't DBA NC Professional Services. I have never applied for or claimed to be NC Professional Services.

Chauffeured Transportation Group was kind enough to actually give me a business name! Isn't that special? Sure it is. It's also ILLEGAL as hell.

1 comment:

Admin said...

So any movement this week with this?